My household pretty much revolves around snack time so I’m always looking for new, healthy snack ideas. Of course, I cave in from time to time and we get a treat after school, but for the majority of the time I like to make sure we have healthy, wholesome options available for my household. My kids range from age eight (it’s hard to say that!) to age one (it’s hard to say that too!), so it’s a huge bonus when I find a brand I can trust that provides something for everyone. Happy Family has just released a new yogurt line at Target, and I’m excited to be the first to tell you about it and I’m sharing 5 fun ways for babies to eat yogurt.
I found four different flavors at Target, Plain (which I LOVE), Banana & Sweet Potato, Blueberry, and Peach & Mango. Baby girl was squealing in the aisle wanting me to open them immediately. I guess I broke our rule of no shopping when you’re hungry! Do you always buy more food if you shop when you’re hungry? We do! But hungry or not, I always overshop at Target!! I don’t know why I’m always surprised, but on this shopping trip I came across some amazing gold bakeware and I basically came home with a whole new kitchen. Happy Valentine’s Day to me??? I guess so!
When I have time, it’s always fun to turn snack time or mealtime into a fun experience. Sometimes you’ve just got to break up the monotony. Well, I love that these yogurt cups have so many different flavors and options. I got the Happy Baby Whole Milk Yogurt Cups, but they also have pouches and yogurt specific to toddlers as well. If you’ve been following my family for long, you know we love products that are natural, and gut health is something very important to us. I’m thrilled that Happy Baby is an organic option with Whole Milk Yogurt with Vitamin D. It is Non-GMO, it has probiotics AND no added sweeteners, and it has important nutrients such as calcium, protein, live and active cultures and vitamins. This is a huge win for our household!
I like to introduce new textures and tastes with my babies early on. Most babies can begin eating yogurt when they turn 6 months old, which is when all five of mine started eating yogurt. Happy Family is helping to make the first experiences with food positive and continue through toddlerhood with their yummy and organic ingredients. With all of their flavor options, my sweet girl will be introduced to a wide range of tastes early on which will make eating much easier as she gets older.
You could easily turn this into a full smoothie bowl and hide some spinach, kale, and avocado in it.
- Fill bowl with Happy Baby yogurt.
- Layer with desired toppings such a fresh fruit, nuts, etc.
- Make funny faces or shapes with your toppings.
- Serve immediately.
These yogurt melts are SO simple to make! I found some great clear dispensers I like to keep on hand to use for baking, etc. These are great for little ones who are teething.
- Spoon the Happy Baby yogurt mixture into the dispenser(s).
- Put wax or parchment paper, or a silicone mat down on your baking sheet.
- Squeeze small dots in rows across the paper.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately after taking out of the freezer.
- Store them in an air-tight container and you can get them out as needed for snack time or a snack on the go.
These are surprisingly easy to make! Again I used my dispenser and it makes it so easy to draw the circles!
- Put one flavor of Happy Baby yogurt in each dispenser.
- Draw the middle circle first.
- Then outline the out circle with a thick outline.
- Place a 4.5 ” sucker stick in the middle and roll it so it’s fully covered with yogurt.
- Place on a flat surface in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once frozen, pull gently off the paper and serve immediately or store in the freezer for later!
Another very simple task, but great for teething and a cold treat on a warm day! This is such a great snack to offer instead of a typical popsicle.
- Fill each compartment with Happy Baby yogurt.
- Wipe up any droppings around the lid.
- Place the popsicle lid on top tightly.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- After they are frozen, you will need to let them sit out for a minute before being able to remove them, or you can run the bottoms under warm water for a minute.
- You can always store these in the freezer!
This one was also SO simple!
- Cover baking sheet with wax or parchment paper, or a silicone mat.
- Spread the Happy Baby Yogurt across length and width of pan.
- Using my dispenser bottle, I added a fun design in a different color/flavor.
- Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes until completely frozen.
- Peel slowly from the paper.
- Break into large or small pieces.
- Store in the freezer for a ready to go snack!
I hope you enjoyed these creative ideas for eating yogurt with Happy Baby. Of course, we will be eating their yogurt straight out of the packaging on the daily. Also, if you have little ones at home, you might be interested in my Potty Training Boot Camp or this Protein Pancake Recipe.
Pin this now and use it later…we all know that a Happy Baby makes a Happy Family!