A cookie exchange party is not only fun but if done right, you come home with a variety of different treats! You can enjoy them yourself, share with family or neighbors, or use as gifts for teachers, co-workers, or friends! My Bible study group hosted a cookie exchange that was so fun, and I was wowed by the beauty of the cookies shared. We ended up with such a great variety of treats to choose from and they were all so yummy, I thought I would share some cookie exchange party ideas and the recipes of the cookies that my friends brought.
In order for this to be successful, follow these simple steps:
- Send out invites for your Cookie Exchange Party.
- Ask each person to bring two dozen up to 6 dozen homemade cookies each.
- You will want to ask everyone to bring a different kind of cookie so you end up with a variety of cookies.
- At our party, the host cut up a few of each cookie so all the guests were able to have a taste of what they were bringing home. This also gives everyone something to enjoy during the party.
- Have a festive beverage for your party guests to enjoy.
- Play Christmas music in the background!
- Ask everyone to bring a container to carry home all their treats.
- Set the cookies out by type, and everyone goes through and adds a handful of each type of cookie to their container.
- Take the cookies home, share with your neighbors, friends, teachers, co-workers, etc.! As you can see below, I packaged mine in festive tin containers and I gave them as a gift to my son’s teachers and the administrators of the school.
See below for SIX different recipes, provided by my sweet friends, that you can make and enjoy!Hope you all have a wonderful holiday week, celebrating all that is important to you with the people you love most!