I am always looking for breakfast options that are quick but still hearty and will keep my kids energized through the day. I also like to add in protein in the mornings because studies show it helps kids focus better at school, so I’ve tried to reduce the sugary cereal as much as I can. This has brown bites recipe I’m sharing with Simply Potatoes® helps me achieve all of these things. Hash browns, cheese, eggs, spinach, and tomatoes? Yes, please! And it’s all made conveniently in a muffin tin, giving you the crispy texture of hash browns with the yummy goodness of cheesy eggs and your favorite healthy toppings. For this has brown bites recipe, I’m using fresh spinach and tomatoes, one of my favorite combos. These are not only a great option for breakfast, but would make a terrific appetizer as well!
With Simply Potatoes, they only use fresh potatoes that are never frozen and only real ingredients and their potatoes are grown within 90 miles of their facility. So they go from the farm to the fridge, to my fork…I’m getting the quality of homemade but spending less time in the kitchen and more time with my family. Simply Potatoes are easy to prepare, easy to keep on hand, and require no peeling or shredding and the big key is they are made with REAL ingredients! There are so many things you could do with these, but for now, let’s get to the has brown bites recipe…because yum!!!
- 1 (20 oz) Package of Simply Potatoes® Hash Brown
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese
- 1 C Fresh Spinach, Diced
- 1/2 C Fresh Tomatoes, Diced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and use cooking spray to coat a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine the hash browns, melted coconut oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among the 12 muffin cups, pressing with a spoon and shaping the mixture into little cups. Cook for 25-27 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Dice the tomatoes and spinach, and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together and scramble together in a skillet over medium heat with the tomatoes.
- When the eggs are set, add in the spinach and 1/4 cup of the cheese and cook together until the leaves are wilted.
- Spoon the egg mixture on top of the hash browns and sprinkle the remaining cheese. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 4 minutes. Once the cheese has melted, they are ready to come out and you can serve immediately!
My husband, kids and I are huge fans of this has brown bites recipe and of the hash browns. I will be making these in bulk so we can enjoy throughout the week. Take a look at the Simply Potatoes site because they have so many different ways to use their potatoes and their hash browns. I have partnered with Simply Potatoes to give one of my loyal readers 3 free product coupons to try Simply Potatoes and create some magic of your own in the kitchen. All you have to do to be entered is tell us your fave potato recipe in the comments below. The winner will be announced through my Instagram stories on January 3rd!!!
I hope these hash brown bites give you a great breakfast option, don’t forget to share your favorite potato recipe below to be entered in the giveaway!