My two-year-old son loves all things Mickey Mouse. One of his early words was “Mouse” and one of the four bedtime songs he requests every night is the Mickey Mouse March. So we decided to celebrate his 2nd birthday with a Mickey Mouse Birthday Party. I was approaching 8 months pregnant at the time, so I went for a simple party with just a couple of food items and some of the decor we used for the Disney World Trip Reveal breakfast we had that I will be sharing here next week.This post contains affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own. See our disclosure for more information.
My two-year-old son loves all things Mickey Mouse. One of his early words was “Mouse” and one of the four bedtime songs he requests every night is the Mickey Mouse March. How cute is that? It makes me smile every time he asks. So we decided to celebrate his 2nd birthday with a Mickey Mouse birthday party.
I was approaching 8 months pregnant at the time, so I went for a simple party with just a couple of food items and some of the decor we used for the Disney World Trip Reveal breakfast we planned to review our trip to the kids. When I have time, I really like to go all out for the birthdays. It’s something we love to do as a family, but there are other times, like when very pregnant, that it makes a lot more sense to have a simple party. This Mickey Mouse birthday party theme was so easy to pull together!
Here are some of our favorite details:
- We loved how the cake turned out with the Mickey hat, which was rice krispies covered in fondant.
- The cake balls were both yummy and perfect little Mickey hats!
- My husband made the 3-tier Mickey Mouse cupcake stand, and the Mickey Mouse on top is three Styrofoam balls spray painted black, connect with toothpicks (EASY to make)!
- We made Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispie treats using a cookie cutter.
- We made Mickey Mouse muffins with my Mickey Mouse cake pop maker.
- I used our Mickey Mouse shaped plates and serving bowls.
- The backdrop is a piece of red striped wrapping paper with a Mickey shaped head made of tissue (tutorial coming soon!).
- I used a red tablecloth with a yellow plastic tablecloth as a runner.
- I pulled out the monogrammed hats we got the kids from Disney World (one of my favorite souvenirs).
- My husband is such a good sport and I think really enjoys going along with the fun themes we do as a family (although he may not admit it). He’s wearing a Mickey Mouse polo and I love our matching ears!
- I made my shirt using t-shirt paint and a cut out from my silhouette cameo machine (again easy!).
- The birthday boy is wearing the cutest Mickey Mouse smocked jon jon, big sister is in a smocked Minnie dress, and big brothers are wearing the shirts I made for our Disney World trip.
-Birthday cake and cake pops are from Cupcake Factory.
-The Mickey Serving Bowls are a Kroger Marketplace find but you can find a similar option here.
-The red plates, napkins, and straws are from Hobby Lobby.
-The Mickey Mouse Cake Pop Maker can be found here.
-The Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter can be found here.
-The Mickey Jon Jon and Minnie dress are from Smocked Auctions.
-The adult Mickey ears can be found here. They are velvet and very nice quality.
I had to include these two precious pictures of my sweet boy as the Birthday Song was being sung to him. I love seeing his big brothers and sister crowded around. Three cheers for a fun, inexpensive and easy-to-do Mickey Mouse Birthday Party.