We’ve stayed in for New Year’s Eve the past couple of years because, you know, babies. We’ve had our own little party with the kids where they get to sip on a special little drink, and mommy and daddy get to sip on a special little drink. Staying in doesn’t have to mean there’s not a celebration, so I’m sharing these New Year’s Eve party ideas for the family, including two recipes, one non-alcoholic spritzer for the kids and a Poinsettia Champagne Cocktail for the adults.
10 Tips for a New Year’s Eve Party for the Family:
- Get some festive decorations! Here I’ve found some white and gold fans, straws, plastic champagne glasses, gold confetti, “Cheers” napkins all from Target.
- I found some fun party horns and hats at Party City and they had a huge selection of other fun things.
- Get some confetti, party poppers, horns, and other noisemakers. If you have kids at home, set a time for your own ball to drop. No need to stay up for the official time, amiright?
- Turn up the music and have a dance party…hats and all!
- Make a photo backdrop with fun props and capture your kids being silly.
- If you have older kids, watch the ball drop on your television!
- Get out your favorite card games and board games and make an evening of playing games together.
- Make a big appetizer spread or their favorite dinner. Then make a fun dessert with your kids. Here I’ve made a celebration cupcake that has colored dots in the cake mix.
- Mix up a fun spritzer for your kids…a non-alcoholic version of the real thing of course. They’ll feel extra fancy sipping from plastic champagne glasses. See recipe below.
- Mix up a fun cocktail for you! Here I’ve made a Poinsettia Champagne Cocktail that is one of my favorites. See recipe below.
Happy New Year’s friends, thanks for following along on this fun journey I started in 2017! I can’t wait to see how this blog grows in the coming year. Cheers to you!