As I’ve researched natural ways to help my energetic child focus at school, I’ve learned the importance of protein in the mornings, so I’m sharing this Protein Pancakes recipe to help power your child’s day. I try to give my kids some sort of protein, whether it be in an egg recipe, breakfast meat, or a packet of the Plexus P96 whey protein. My family loves protein shakes, they are a quick healthy solution for busy mornings and there are so many recipes to mix things up (see recipes here). I like to add a packet of the Plexus P96 to a lot of recipes like muffins, and today I’m sharing this Gluten Free Protein Pancake Recipe with homemade syrup. As an adult, I LOVED this recipe. This protein pancakes recipe turned out light and fluffy, and the homemade strawberry syrup was divine. My kids loved the pancakes but preferred the sugar-free syrup we typically use. This is such a great healthy option for busy mornings! I just dumped all the ingredients in my Ninja mixer and poured them on the grill, while the strawberries were simmering on the stove. See the full recipe below.
These protein packs come in chocolate and vanilla and are great for adults and kids alike, either as a meal replacement, a healthy snack, or a post-workout boost. Busy lifestyles don’t always support healthy food choices. It’s hard to stay on track—especially when hunger strikes and you’re away from home. Plexus P96 whey protein can help you put hunger on the backburner and fuel metabolism longer.*
It’s amazing how the right amount of protein can make a big difference in the way you look and feel! Without it, your energy drops. You feel tired all the time. You crave more simple carbs and sugars making you more likely to reach for processed, high carb, preservative-filled meals and snacks. Instead of reaching for the not-so-healthy foods that offset your health-focused goals, choose premium protein-rich P96!
Formulated to deliver fortified, sustained energy, Plexus P96 keeps you going strong by helping to control your appetite. With the delicious, rich chocolate and creamy vanilla options, you can flavor your way to feeling full.*
FIND YOUR LEAN
Plexus P96 is a powerhouse of optimal nutrition. It packs 15 grams of high-quality whey protein into each serving, and more than 20 vitamins and minerals. Clinical studies² have shown that whey protein supplementation, along with healthy diet and exercise, can help build lean muscle.*
• PROVIDES SUSTAINED ENERGY*
• HELPS CONTROL HUNGER AND HELPS CURB CRAVINGS*
• HELPS BUILD LEAN MUSCLE*
• ONLY 100 CALORIES
• USE AS A MEAL REPLACEMENT OR SNACK
• CONTAINS MORE THAN 20 VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR OPTIMAL NUTRITION*
• 15 GRAMS OF HIGH-QUALITY WHEY PROTEIN
• GLUTEN FREE
• 100% VEGETARIAN
• NON-GMO (VANILLA ONLY)
PROTEIN PANCAKES RECIPE:
Gluten Free Vanilla Protein Pancakes with Very Berry Syrup
- 1 cup gluten free pancake mix
- 1 package Plexus 96® vanilla
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to 1 cup fruit/berries as preferred
Very Berry Syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar or honey
- 1 cup water + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- Add all pancake ingredients to a blender. Blend on high. Cook on a griddle.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and diced strawberries to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add water and cornstarch mixture and blend well.
- As the sauce thickens, the strawberries will partially dissolve. Turn off heat. Allow cooling before serving.