I love having an October baby. It’s a time of beautiful outdoor weather, and I love all things fall. I’m currently planning a Pumpkin Patch 3rd Birthday, so I thought I would share my October baby’s Pumpkin First Birthday with you since I wasn’t blogging then. Our theme was simple and easy to orchestrate…pumpkins!
For the food, we served our favorite fall candy, including candy pumpkins, candy corn, and orange, yellow, and white m&m’s. We made candy covered pumpkin pretzels and added a green m&m to them so they looked like little pumpkins. They turned out super cute and they were so easy to make! I ordered pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin cake balls (because I can’t have a party without cake balls!) from one of our favorite bakeries because I’ve learned along the way that I baking these key items just stresses me out and I love to have a professional look and to have a few items that aren’t on my list to do!
We decorated with orange gingham, burlap, fresh sunflowers in mason jars, orange and green faux pumpkins from around my home. I made this simple centerpiece by painting a “1” on a real pumpkin with gold metallic paint. I love to use my different shaped white dishes to bring symmetry to the table.
There are several things that I do with each of my 1st Birthday Parties to help commemorate the occasion. Here’s my checklist:
1. This smash cake was in the shape of a pumpkin!
2. We displayed the year of photos on foam pumpkins (from Michael’s) so our family and friends could see the baby’s growth over the year.
3. I love seeing the baby wearing a birthday hat, so I like to have these fit the theme as well. This one was super easy to make. I made it with my silhouette cameo machine, card stock, and a glue gun!
4. I love making birthday banners! This one was made with my silhouette cameo machine (the green lettering) and card stock, and I found orange foam lettering at Michael’s.
5. And I love to decorate the high chair. I like to use things like ribbon, streamers, and tulle. This one is made with orange and green ribbon, burlap and twine.
And here’s my precious happy boy. He was our complete-surprise baby, and when he was born we had four kids age four and under. It was a wild first year, but it was a year of complete joy. He is all boy…loves cars, trains, and legos. He loves the outdoors, loves to sing, he loves his brothers and sisters, and he probably loves the iPad a little too much. I’m so thankful for this little guy! Click here to see his Pumpkin Patch 3rd Birthday Party.